Its getting very cold and the vegebox delivered a whole load of kale and other greens so to ward off any anaemia whipped up this stew/soup using some a little slow baked lamb from the freezer . Doing my best Nigella Express impression as I bashed it together in a few minutes and left it to simmer while I took a shower . Have been pondering wether I might be going a little bit over the top doing voiceovers to myself as I cook – I do draw the line at cheeky to the camera asides or seductive licking of spoons.
Though incredibly quick to make , the use of pre-cooked lamb made it taste as if the dish had been simmering for ages,as it melted into the sauce . I ate a whole bowl snuggled up with The Book of Lost Things by John Connelly and listening to Awkward Annie by Kate Rusby
a few big chunks of slow-baked lamb from the freezer
250g (half a can ) of plum tomatoes
200g ( half a can ) of haricot beans
3 handfuls of Kale chopped
- Warmed through the lamb with the tomatoes & haricot beans
- Simmer for 15 minutes, add the kale for the last five minutes
- It tastes incredibly rich and nourishing think it would work equally well with a leftover chicken too if you had a little chicken stock to hand
This stew/soup combination with kale and beans evolved from my discovery last year of Kale soup courtesy of fickerite – caryn74 . It just tastes nourishing without being bland.
1 small onion diced
2 cloves of garlic
1 Red Chilli – finely chopped
2 inches of chorizo sausages roughly chopped
1 large potato – finely chopped
3 handfuls of Kale
1 pint of vegetable stock
3 teaspoons of paprika
- Lightly fry the onions, garlic ,paprika , chilli and chorizo
- Add the vegetable stock , potatoes and kale
- Simmer until the potatoes are soft
Spicy nourishment in a bowl
Powered by ScribeFire.