After a busy week, gentle Saturday walking in Wales and an easy dinner of Roasted Pork Loin stuffed with apple and apricots , served with baked celeriac and stilton , and vegebox red cabbage.
Once prepared everything cooks in the oven in around 40 minutes and unlike most roast meats no carving required which is a great relief cos I really am useless at it .
Pork Loin with Apple and Apricot Stuffing for two very hungry people
Two 100g pork loins
Apple and Apricot Stuffing
2 medium apples
a cup of Dried Apricots
1 small red onion
3 cloves of garlic
Several large springs of fresh thyme
1 tbsp of wholegrain mustard
1 tbsp fresh honey
1 cup of apple juice
Salt and Pepper
- Finely chop and mix together the apple ,garlic apricot, red onion, fresh thyme .
- Season the pork with salt and pepper
- Butterfly the pork loin making a slit down the length cutting just deep enough so that the loin opens up to lie flat like a book. Do not cut all the way through. Spoon the stuffing evenly onto the meat. Close up the loin and, using the strings, tie at even intervals so it assumes its original shape.
- You will note from this I didn’t have any string in the house and ended up using wire
- Place the pork loin in a roasting tin , pouring the apple juice into the bottom of the dish
- Bake at 180degC for approx 40 minutes , leave to rest for ten minutes
- Remove the wire and serve a pork loin each , with baked celeriac and red cabbage
Baked Celeriac with Stilton
200g of celeriac
20g of stilton
1 tbsp of butter
Finely slice celeriac and mix with crumbled stilton , layer in a ovenproof dish with dots of butter salt and pepper , cover with foil and bake in the oven at 180dgC for 40 minutes remove the foil for the last ten minutes
Finely slice red cabbage and mix with honey and apple juice
Bake in a oven proof dish with the lid on for 30 minutes
Powered by ScribeFire.