So for two days on and off I have been cooking Ox tongue , the weather has been throwing it down so I thought we would be ready for a slow-cooked stew . However this evening the sun broke through the sky turned blue and braised meat went out the window ( metaphorically rather than literally )
Rooting through the freezer I found some smoked salmon and we had scored some asparagus in the vegebox this week , also some soft cheese with garlic and herbs.
This was a rather throw-together meal , but asparagus and smoked salmon work really well together.
Penne with smoked salmon and asparagus
300g of dried pasta
150g of smoked salmon roughly chopped
1 bunch of asparagus cut into inch long pieces
3tbsp of soft cheese with garlic and herbs
Juice and zest of one lemon
- Boil the pene for 10 minutes.
- Steam the asparagus over the pasta for a few minutes.
- Once the pasta and asparagus are cooked mix in the soft cheese allowing it to melt.
- Add the zest and juice of the lemon.
- Finally mix in the smoked salmon and asparagus.
- Season with pepper.