A spring green fix, the vegebox is full of asparagus , purple sprouting broccoli and spring green cabbage. I am very happy, early this week I stir fried asparagus with soy sauce , chilli and garlic, it was so delicious I decided to make in Friday night dinner with more vegetables.
You could definitely add chicken or tofu to this dish but I just wanted a pure hit of crunchy green vegetables served with some brown rice to soak up the sauce. The balance of salty , sweet and sour here is perfect, I found myself licking the bowl and the chopsticks - always a great sign.
Soy Spiced Spring Vegetables
2 handfuls of purple sprouting broccoli cut into bite sized pieces
2 handfuls of spring greens cut into thin strips 1/2 wide
6 aspargus spears snapped in half
3 tbsp of sesame seeds
2 cloves of garlic
1 red chilli
1 large thumb of ginger peeled and cut into matchsticks
5 tbsp of thin soy sauce
1/2 Lime – Juice only
2 tbsp of sesame oil
Dash of rice wine
- Fry the seasame seeds til golden in half the sesame oil , tip onto a plate.
- Fry the garlic , chilli, and ginger in the rest of the sesame oil.
- Add the vegetables finally add the soy sauce & rice wine.
- Continue to fry for a few minutes til the cabbage is softened.
- Finally squeeze over the the lime juice.
- Place the vegetables in large bowl over the brown rice and scatter over the sesame