Roasted Pumpkin Wedges
- Firstly when carving your pumpkin do not throw away the seeds , clean off the pulp and save the eeds
- Once you are done with your pumpkin
- cut it into slices and place on baking tray
- sprinkle over the pumpkin seeds , drizzle with oil, chopped dried chillis, cumin& rock salt and roast for 30 mins at 200degC#
This works for all squash, the seeds can be removed for snacking these wedges are good as shown here with Chilli Jam (recipe below) or creme fraiche mixed with roasted garlic
- Take 3 large fresh tomatoes cut into chunks
- mix with one teaspoon of chopped dried chillis
- 5 tsp of sugar and a glug of balsamic vinegar .
- Simmer in a pan til jammy )
- …or with creme fraiche mixed with roasted Garlic
The wedges can also be used in the following recipes
50g of Dried Noodles
100g of roasted pumpkin ( or steam some fresh until soft) chopped into chunks
1 Fresh Red Chilli
Handful of fresh coriander
Handful of fresh mint
2 cloves of garlic
2tbsp of sunflower oil
a cup of coconut milk
1 tsp of fish sauce
Fresh lime juice
- Pour boiling water over dried egg noodles, just to cover the noodles and leave in bowl .
- In the food processor make a paste from the chilli, ginger coriander ( leaves and roots) , garlic, oil in the food processor ( this paste will store up to a week in the fridge or freeze in ice cube trays …I do this with coconut milk too )
- Fry the pumpkin in the paste inhaling deeply
- Add the coconut milk & pour in the noodles including the water , and dash of fish sauce .
- Simmer gently for two minutes.
- To serve add extra coriander leaves and a squirt of lime
or in a risotto this is a Squash and Mushroom Risotto but you can skip the mushrooms recipe available on my previous post – Hedgehog Fungus Risotto