Ran home from evening class to hit listen again and snuggled down with Peppermint Tea ….. screamed at the radio for 15 minutes… but Ruth did not sleep with Sam ( phew I can breathe out again ..) …vaguely considered calling my mum but it was like 10.30pm … even considered the Messageboards but have long avoided for fear they could prove addictive . Archers addicition what you gonna do its genetic
In case you are not similarly addicted a lead character was on her way to commit adultery the scene switched between her driving ( interupted by calls for an assignation at an hotel from her potential lover ) and scenes of domestic bliss as the hubby and kids made spagehetti..
It made me want spaghetti so tonight made a big pot………….
Archers Spaghetti Sauce
- 400g Beef Mince
- 2 large red onions roughly chopped
- a box of mushrooms roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tins of tomatoes
- 2tsp mixed herbs
- 2 tbsp of sub dried tomatoes chopped
- half a bottle of red wine
- Fry off mince with onions , garlic, mushrooms
- Add tomatoes , dried herbs ,salt, pepper olives chopped sun dried tomatoes
- add the wine. allow to simmer for at least 45 minutes
I have been making pasta sauce like this since I was 12 years old….. and I still like it the same way with grated cheddar cheese…. I don’t care that it not traditional and I am sure Italians be disgusted as they would with the recipe but for me its all about being able to cook a whole meal for your family …….