when its too damn cold to walk
Friday nights working my way through a pile of library books and eating laksa unashamedly dribbling noodles down my chin. Including a book of walks in Yorkshire … its so close to easter I can almost see a horizon
- Dried Egg Noodles
- Fresh Chilli
- Fresh Ginger
- Fresh Coriander Leaves
- Fresh Mint
- Coconut Milk
- Pour boiling water over dried egg noodles and leave in bowl .
- Make a paste from Red Chilli , Fresh Ginger , Coriander leaves and roots, Garlic, oil in the food processor ( this paste will store up to a week in the fridge or freeze in ice cube trays …I do this with cocunut milk too ) .
- Fry the paste with prawns . Inhale deeply .
- Add a glug of coconut milk
- pour in the noodles including the water , and dash of fish sauce + soy sauce .
- Simmer gently for two minutes.
- Add chopped coriander , mint and a squirt of lime.
Saturday I spent so much on CDs I decided to economise by staying in and eating dim sum ( lovingly handpicked from the Chinese supermarket ) & listening to the aforementioned CDs , (Ry Cooder , Rodrigo Y Gabriela ,Ry Cooder/Manuel Galban & Madredeus since you ask) . and I take that back three things you can never spend to much money on Food , Books , Music ..
Sunday morning lying in bed watching Little Miss Sunshine for the third time , It is my feel good film of the decade …. and listening to the Archers omnibus .
I made some brownies for colleague bribery in the week and that was me done ….
powered by performancing firefox