While I was busy being distracted by gnarly looking autumn roots and manky looking Ink Caps , my weekend guest spotted a small amount of Oyster fungus growing on a stump. Braving brambles and scraping of slugs we salvaged a small amount.
It made a very tasty soup with some pak choi and brocolli from the vegebox so will have to hunt out some more, and was a perfect meal after a long day away from , also my first time using the lovely bowls my brother sent back from Asia….
Oyster Mushroom , Pak Choi and Broccoli Spicy Soup
2 small pak choi , spinach would work to
A hand-size of Oyster Fungus – roughly sliced
1cm of ginger – finely chopped
A stalk of broccoli roughly chopped
2 cloves of garlic
1 pint of boiling water
50g of rice noodles
1/2 tsp of chopped red chillis
Dash of soy sauce
Squeeze of lime
- Gently sautee the garlic , pak choi stalks, broccolli, and chilli in a little oil
- Add the rice noodles and boiling water
- Simmer gently for just a few minutes
- Add the pak choi leaves and a generous glug of soy sauce
- Finally serve with a squeeze of lime
Powered by ScribeFire.