Wanted something a little bit wicked and spicy the asian slaw is deliciously fresh and crunchy next to the oily smokiness of the fishcakes.
Just grabbing a bunch of coriander the rest of the ingredients were in the house already
200g potato – mashed with the skins removed
100g of smoked salmon / or cooked salmon – roughly chopped
Handful of chopped fresh coriander
1 tsp of chopped red chilli ( I have a jar in the fridge – that keep minced in a little white wine vinegar)
Dash of fish sauce
1 tsp of chopped fresh ginger
1 clove of garlic
- Mix together the mashed potato and salmon
- Add in the coriander, chilli , fish sauce ,ginger and garlic
- Finally bind the mixture together with the egg
- Make golf ball sized balls , then flatten them to create disk shape , should be about one a half cm thick
- Leave in the fridge to set for approx 30 minutes
- Remove the cakes from the fridge and heat a plan with a few millimeters of sunflower or groundnut oil, fry the cakes for approx 4 minutes on each side , they should be golden brown
- eat warm or cold from the fridge in the middle of the night or for breakfast dipped in chilli sauce /ketchup
Chopped Red Chilli
Fresh Coriander Leaves
Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Drizzle the lime juice over shredded cabbage and chilli and leave for 20 minutes
- Add the coriander leaves sesame seeds and serve .
Powered by ScribeFire.