Urggh Frustrating Day – work has “upgraded” my laptop with Windows Vista so even trying to type a document. Just formating a simple document means hours tracking down all the standard functions under cutesy irritating graphics – its time to go Mac.
To calm myself at lunchtime made an incredibly easy and satisfyingly chunky lentil and vegetable soup , though I have used leek and carrot you can happily use any vegetable carrots and leeks provided just the right amount of chopping to calm my temper.
Chunky Vegetable and Lentil Soup
3 cloves of Garlic
30g of Red Lentils
Few sprigs of thyme
1 pint of warm Vegetable Stock
Salt and Pepper to Season
- Roughly chop carrots & leeks .
- Except for a the top green parts of the leeks , fry off the carrots and leeks with little finely chopped garlic and thyme .
- Add the lentils and stock
- Cover and leave to simmer for 20 minutes on a low heat the lentils should go mushy. For the last few minutes add the green parts of the leek ,this add some nice colour and crunch
- Season with salt and pepper
- Serve and slurp
Eating it I could almost pretend I had come in from a wet walk across fields instead of a numb behind from my office chair
Powered by ScribeFire.