I am not a big chocolate eater but I do have a soft spot for a Bounty Bar ( featured here on the stunning Chocablog ) sadly its a bit cold and rainy to venture out.
Making some food for the weekend anyway so while the oven was in cooked some Coconut and Lime Macaroons & tribute to one of the best food blogs around Coconut and Lime
I think these look suitable Chrismassy as well like little snowballs ( and once that they are cooked like British snowballs which generally get a bit muddy ) , however I wanted them cooked well for that lovely toasted coconut taste.
Your hands get nicely messy making these but it means you can lick the tasty coconut limey mixture of your hands , its delicious actually and is making me think that a coconut and lime cocktail would be tasty
Coconut and Lime Macaroons
2 egg whites
100g caster sugar
160 desiccated coconut
Zest and juice of a lime
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/355F/Gas 4.
2. Mix together the egg whites, sugar, coconut, lime zest and juice in a bowl ..
3. With wet hands, mold half a golfball sized balls, flatten slightly and place on a baking tray covered with greaseproof paper
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes in the centre of the oven until lightly golden.
6. Cool the macaroons on a wire rack, and store in an airtight jar.
Powered by ScribeFire.