Up visiting the boyfreind and while he is at work for the day decided to use up some decidedly brown bananas in some Banana Bread , if nothing else it promotes the domestic goddess look to have the smell of baking wafting through the house when he gets home .
There is also a bottle of rum left over from summer festival drinking so its Banana and Rum Cake , he is a bit short on cake tins so I used a small roasting tin lined with greaseproof paper which worked really well making 8 big chunky slabs of moist cake . The bananas on top go nice and chewy .
3 overipe bananas
175g self raising flour
175g soft brown sugar
20ml of rum
1. Preheat the oven to 160degC and line the tin ( 30cmx20cm) with greaseproof paper
2. Peel and mash 2 of the bananas, thickly slicing one other
3. Cream the butter & sugar together then beat in the eggs.
4. Mix in the 2.5 mashed bananas and rum.
5. Fold in the flour.
6. Turn into the tin , covering the top with the remaining sliced banana and bake for about an hour.
This could probably be served with custard as a pudding acutually , and I would have added walnuts if these were any around but should keep us going .
Powered by ScribeFire.