I think Christmas dinner might be the most boring meal all year for some reason though it was my first year cooking it and nothing burnt but I did not find it very satisfying , perhaps its because I am not a huge fan of roast dinners. however Christmas Breakfast and Evening Meal and lots of fantastic leftovers to be posted later.
Toasted Bagels with cream cheese smoked salmon with plenty of black pepper and a squeeze of lemon with , cava ( well breakfast was about 11am so not too decadent ) and some orange juice for the vitamins.
Our evening meal on Christmas Day was lovely too a spiced ham with the leftover turkey tonnes of chutneys and some spiced red cabbage.
1Kg of Ham
A handful of cloves
1 garlic cloves
6 dried red chillis
1 litre of apple juice
- Spike the surface of the ham with cloves .
- Place the ham into a oven proof pot, pour over the apple juice and add the other ingredients.
- Place in the oven while the turkey cooks so for about 2 hours or so on approx 190degC
Spiced Red Cabbage
200g of Red Cabbage
1 small Red Onion
1 small apple
1 red chilli chopped
- Shred red cabbage , red onion , apple
- Slowly warm in a pan, with a drizzle of honey and a little water
- Cook for approx 30 minutes on a very low heat, they should .
This goes fantastically with cheese and cold lamb too
Powered by ScribeFire.