Very happy walking on Boxing Day with Turkey and Ham Sandwiches (using up the Spiced Ham ) just us and the sheep again ……
But lots of Turkey also means plenty of Turkey Soup , either Laksa which is zingy and spicey or a more Traditional Turkey and Vegetable soup , which make me feel all wholesome
For 200g of leftover turkey
3 nests of Dried Egg Noodles
3 Fresh Red Chilli
3 cloves of garlic
1 thumb of fresh Ginger
Bunch of Fresh Coriander
Bunch of Fresh Mint
3 cups of coconut milk
- Pour boiling water to cover the dried egg noodles
- Finely chop or food process the red chilli , ginger , the roots of the fresh coriander ( leaving the leaves aside) , mint leaves
- Add the turkey to the chilli ginger and herb paste, fry off in a little sunflower oil.
- Pour over the noodles and simmer for a few minutes
- Add the coconut milk , serve the soup into bowl scatter with coriander leaves and a squirt of lime juice.
Leftover Turkey Soup
Very similar to the Soup for the Wettest Walk in the World but when you have a good thing why mess with it
- Add to leoftover turkey roughly chopuped vegetables onions , carrots , leeks , potatoes , garlic , place in pan with your choice of herbs , or you could throw in the stuffing . You could also you the leftover vegetables from Christmas Day
- Season with plenty of salt and pepper
- Pour over boiling water and allow to simmer for 20 minutes. The soup will be ready but could be even better if you leave it with the lid on for a while to steep.
Powered by ScribeFire.