I had never made a pizza until about a year ago, watching the guys flipping pizza dough always made me feel it was beyond the reach of the home cook , however it is really very easy and both the base and sauce ingredients are all things I keep in stockThe secret seems to be making sure the pizza dough have time to prove , only 40 minutes which is usually enough time to prepare the sauce and toppings
Clockwise from left more pizza toppings, directions for pizza dough and sauce follows 1. Mozarella , Anchovies and Olive Pizza , 2. Wilted Spinach , Feta , Roasted Pepper and Pine Nut Pizza, 3. Leek , Walnut, & Goats Cheese Pizza, 4. Mushroom , Broccoli , Pine Nut and Goats Cheese Pizza
200g of plain flour
1 tsp Yeast
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
2 tbsp of olive oil
150ml warm water
Mix together the flour and yeast in a bowl
Dissolve the salt in the water add with the oil to the flour and yeast
Mix to form a dough
Cover the leave in warm place for approx 40 minutes.
Meanwhile make the sauce
400g of plum tomatoes
1 small onion finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
2 tsp of balsamic vinegar
Salt and Pepper
- Gently fry the onion and garlic in a saucepan
- Pour over the tomatoes and vinegar , simmer until the tomatoes have formed a sauce consistency
- Season with the herbs , salt and pepper.
Putting together a pizza
- Roll out the dough to approx 3mm
- Spread the sauce over the base
- Lay over the pizza topping .
- Bake a 200deg C for approx 25 minutes
Powered by ScribeFire.