Everyone in the UK is sick at the moment with colds and flu , so far I have avoided it but this is a soup to ward off colds or help you recover, combining warm flavours of chilli , orange and ginger richness is added by some cocanut milk
400g of butternut squash cubed
1/4 tsp of dried or fresh red chilli chopped
1tsp of fresh ginger finely chopped
1tsp of cumin seeds
1/4 tsp of cardamoms seeds
1/2 cup of coconut milk
1 orange juiced and zested
500ml of boiling water
- Gently warm a pan containing the cumin and cardamom this should toast the seeds and allows them to release
- Add the squash , chilli and ginger to a pan and pour over the boiling water
- Simmer for approx 20 minutes til the squash is soft
- Puree and add the coconut milk , orange juice and zest.
- Warm through and serve, with a extra swirl of coconut milk .
Powered by ScribeFire.