Also this weekend realised it had been such a busy week, I had not baked any cake !! Such a crime for the true domestic goddess which I aspire to be . Plenty of apples in the fruit bowl .
So a very very quick cake that could cook in just 15 minutes, think this would actually make a very good breakfast cake if you are into sweet things.
Juicy chunks of apple , scented cinnamon , the almonds mean this cake gets a nice crispy top .
Quick Apple and Almond Cake
For the cake mix
110g soft brown sugar
110g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
55g of ground almonds
1 tsp of cinnamon
2 eggs, beaten
For the apples
4 coxs apples
1 tbsp of soft brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200degC
- Line an 18cm round tin with baking paper
- Peel and core the apples and divide into eights
- Place the apples sprinkled with a tablespoon of sugar and a tablespoon of water in a pan on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Cream together the sugar and butter til smooth
- Add the eggs
- Mix in the flour , almonds & baking powder
- Layer the apples into the bottom of the tin including any juice
- Spoon the cake mix in dollops over the apples, smooth the dollops over the cover the apples
- Bake for 15 minutes
Powered by ScribeFire.