Back home to an emptyish fridge , but leeks from the vegebox , they do seem to last forever. If the snowdrops are to be belived Spring is on its way….this certainly looks like a Spring dish and tastes light and zingy…….and yet warming in this still damp weather.
Lemon and Leek Risotto
2 medium leeks finely chopped
200g of arborio risotto rice
3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
1 litre of stock – 1 heaped tsp of vegetable bullion ( I use Marigold Swiss Vegetable recommended by both Delia and Nigella ) dissolved in a 1 litre of boiling water
Lemon -juice of half and 1 tsp of zest
Few sprigs of fresh lemon thyme
1 tsp of butter
- Gently melt the butter in a pan on a low heat , add the leeks , garlic and cook until softening
- Stir in the rice make sure its well coated in fat
- Add a ladle full of the stock , stir thoroughly the liquid has been absorbed
- continue to add a ladle at a time , stirring well all the time until half the stock is gone
- The rest of the stock can be added in two parts but you need to keep stirring
- Check that the rice is well softened , you can always add a little extra warm water .
- Finally add the lemon zest , juice and lemon thyme stirring in.
Other risotto Squash and Hedghog Fungus Risotto
Powered by ScribeFire.