Sort of playing around with the apple and almond cake recipe from recently, this time though dried not fresh fruit , its still January not matter how much I want to believe its summer. So there will be tea and cake this weekend and I have to do some re-ordering of dry ingredients.
Apricot and Almond Cake
220g soft brown sugar
220g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
110g of flaked almonds
1tsp of cinnamon
4 eggs, beaten
200g of dried Apricots soaked in warm water for a few hours then drained
20g of flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 200degC
- Line an 20cm round tin with baking paper
- Lay the apricots in the bottom and sprinkle over the flaked almonds.
- Cream together the sugar and butter til smooth
- Add the eggs
- Mix in the flour , almonds & baking powder
- Spoon the cake mix in dollops over the apricots, smooth the dollops over the cover
- Bake for 30 minutes , for the last 5 minutes of baking put the remaining almonds on a tray in the oven to toast
- Turn the cake out upside down and scatter over the toasted almonds
Powered by ScribeFire.