For a minute I considered doing these for Valentines Day but instead waited for a Saturday night in .
Two hearts each is enough, these do really taste pretty luxurious the taste we agreed is between liver and game , the texture meaty not fleshy and not granular as I would have expected think the stuffing could have just about anything mushrooms , walnuts etc , I wil definitely be making hearts again .
Stuffed Lambs Hearts
6 lambs hearts
Breadcrumbs – 100gs
fresh Thyme – 2 sprigs
2 medium Onions – finely chopped
Garlic – 3 bulbs, finely chopped
Bacon – 2 rashers
Salt and Pepper
red wine – half a bottle
- Preheat the oven to 150degC
- Trim the hearts , removing the tubes from the top and and inside
- Food process the stuffing ingredients
- Stuff the heart well , place in a oven proof dish with the opening to the top
- Pour over the wine , cover
- Place in the oven a slowly cook for 2 hours , or you could cook on the hob if you have a thick bottomed dish
- you want this to cook very slowly
- Served with butter beans added to the dish during cooking and wilted spinach
Powered by ScribeFire.