Lots of cavolo nero ( kale) in the vegebox hunting around for a recipe without having to hunt out extra ingredients hit upon a recipe at The Times online . I suspect may become one of my storecupboard classics with all the ingredients to hand . It tasted almost summery with the kale adding a iron touch salty anchovies and a punch of chilli .
Pasta with kale, chilli and anchovy
Tin of anchovies in olive oil 25g
4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
Good pinch of dried chilli flakes
Large bag of cavolo nero 300g
300g dried pasta I used linguine
Extra-virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt
Juice of 1 lemon, optional
- In a frying pan, heat the anchovies with their oil. Stir over a gentle heat until they have disintegrated.
- Add the garlic and chilli flakes, stir for 30 seconds or so, then remove from the heat and set to one side.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- Strip the kale leaves from the tough stems. Discard the stems and roughly chop the leaves.
- Five minutes before the end, stir in the kale leaves and continue cooking until the pasta is al dente.
- Drain the pasta and kale then add them to the anchovy mixture.
- Return to a gentle heat and stir in a good glug of olive oil
- Stir well and add a little grated parmesan and squeeze of lemon
Powered by ScribeFire.