The flat smells of baking , its Mothering Sunday tommorrow so I am responsible for making pudding , it needed to be something that would be transportable so I decided on two tarts one Treacle Tart and one Chocolate Tart , these will be reheated tommorrow served with cream . The chocolate is for my grandmother who is a total chocoholic , hoping there will be some left for her to take home so they are both pretty big ones 24cm …. enough pastry left for some little jam and treacle tarts for treats in the week .
Also put together some bunches of spring flowers hyacinths , tulips and daffodils .
Pastry Tart Cases
To make a 24cm tart cases
250g of plain flour
125g of butter
Pinch of salt
20 ml of water
- Crumb the butter into the flour , add the water to form a dough
- Place in the fridge for 1 hour
- Roll out the pastry with plenty of flower and line a tin
- Place in the fridge to rest for 20 minutes
- Bake blind , thats filled with baking paper and ceramic beans at 200deg for 15 minutes
- remove the paper and beans and bake for another 5 minutes
- Turn the oven down to 180degC fill with the fillings and bake for 20 minutes
Chocolate filling for 24 cm tart tin
500g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids, broken into squares
360ml double cream
3 Eggs, beaten
Melt the chocolate , and warm the cream .
Mix together and add the beaten egg
Pour into the pastry case
400g of treacle
300g of fresh white breadcrumbs
1 lemon zest and juice
1 tsp of ground ginger
Mix together all the ingredients and fill the pastry case.
Flowers for mothers day , hyancinths , tulips and daffodils a spring bouquet