This is another example of the lovely Nick pulling out all the stops to get me to blog the food he cooks.
This not only tasted fantastic it was so pretty delicious sweet new potatoes and broad beans from the vegebox obsorbed the light dressing made with plenty of fresh herbs from his garden and salty hit of feta with each mouthful
Nick is a smoked sausage and salami addict any excuse to slip a little salted meat into a dish it worked well with the fresh lemons and herbs, but if you are vegetarian you could replace the chorizo with roasted beetroot .
Chorizo, Broad Bean , New Potato and Feta Salad with Parsley Mint and Lemon
Fresh Chorizo Sausage , finely sliced
Broad Beans , removed from the pod
Feta Cheese , crumbled
Spring Onions , roughly chopped
Mint ,finely chopped
Parsley finely chopped
Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Boil the new potatoe til soft , adding the broad beans for the last 5 minutes
- Meanwhile in a bowl mix together the crumbled feta with parsley , mint and lemon juice with a grinding of black pepper and a few glugs of olive oil
- Roughly chop the cooked potatoes and add to the bowl while warm
- next add the broad beans , spring onions
- Leave the salad to absorb the lemon oil and herbs
- Meanwhile grill the fresh chorizo til crisp on both sides
- Place the salad in a serving bowl and scatter over the chorizo
- Serve with bread or salad leaves
Powered by ScribeFire.