This is my new favourite quick cook supper , ready in a few minutes. Its an adaptation of a Nigel Slater recipe thats been hanging around in my recipe folder for a while ( some of his other affordable meaty recipes available here )
Chicken Livers are cheap low in fat , rich in iron and taste great meltingly creamy inside the smoky paprika forms a light crust. These would also be delicious in flatbread.
Paprika Chicken Livers with Coriander Yogurt
1 tbsp of sunflower oil
200g chicken livers
2 heaped tbsp of plain flour
1 tsp of smoked paprika
1 pinch of ground chilli
Thick chilled plain yoghurt
Chopped coriander or mint leaves
- Warm the oil in a frying pan
- Cover a small plate with flour season it generously with the paprika, chilli and salt.
- Roll the chicken livers in the seasoned flour.
- Drop the seasoned livers into the hot oil. Let them cook without moving them until they are golden underneath, then turn and continue cooking until the livers have a pale gold coat .
- Mix together the herbs and yogurt
- Serve the livers with the herbed yogurt