After spoiling myself with cider, strawberries and ice cream at the Green Man Festival 2008 , finally back home & wanting something delicious to eat. Lots of runner beans in the vegebox so tried out this Jamie Oliver recipe , truly delicious , spicy , hot with a lemony hit. Jamie I think serves this with fish or chicken but it is a fantastic main meal perhaps with a little bread, also good cold.
Its quite hard to manage to cook the runner beans I always just want to eat them raw they are so sweet and crunchy.
Runner Bean Stew
200g of fresh runner beans, roughly chopped
1/2 onion finely sliced
2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
1/2 a tin of tomatoes
Half a fresh red chilli finely chopped
Handful of olives
1/2 tin of anchovies
juice of half a lemon
- Fry together the anchovies , chilli onions and garlic
- Add the tomatoes and olives simmer gently for 5 minutes
- Add the runner beans , simmer for approx 10 minutes
- The runner beans should maintain some bite
- Squeeze over the lemon juice