Lots of leftovers from the weekend , bacon and eggs from cooked breakfasts. They needed using up so a quick quiche for the freezer made with granary flour pastry which gives a nutty edge
Bacon and Leek Quiche
100g of granary flour
50g of butter
20ml of water
2 medium sized leeks
3 rashers of bacon
2 medium sized eggs
50ml of milk
Salt and Pepper
2 tbsp of fresh parsley finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 175degC
- Crumb the butter into the flour to form breadcrumbs slowly add the water.
- Place in the fridge for ten minutes .
- Meanwhile gently fry the leeks with the bacon.
- Beat together the eggs , milk, parsley seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Roll out the pastry line a 30cm diameter quiche dish.
- Fill with the leeks , bacon and pour over the milk and eggs.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.