I have been a very bad blogger recently , though I have been eating pretty well due to some excellent preperation of food from the freezer , meals they tend not to look too appetising quickly reheated and chewed down at 9pm when I get home.
Working from home today though so lunch was hearty soup , I had roasted some carrots and parsnips earlier in the week . This is a fantastic way to use up leftover root vegetables
Spicy Root Vegetable Soup.
400g of Roasted or boiled root vegetables ( I used carrots and parsnips)
2 tbsp of cumin seeds
1 tbsp of coriander seed
1 tbsp of paprika
1 clove of garlic finely chopped
1 small onion roughly chopped
100g of tinned tomatoes
3 pints of vegetable stock
2 tbsp of sunflower oil
- Heat the oven to 200degC
- Gently fry together the cumin , coriander , paprika add the onions and garlic
- Add the stock , tomatoes and vegetables.
- Spoon the mixture into a liquidiser and process until smooth
- Pour into a pan & heat through
- Serve with extra toasted cumin seeds