Bought these pink peppercorns and just wanted to use them straightaway, luckily there was some pork reduced .
Pink peppercorns are not true peppercorns but similar tasting berries which have a delicate and fragrant, combining them with fresh vanilla pods gives and sweet spicy flavour.
Served with mashed turnips , I have decided I like turnips now which is lucky cos the vegebox is entering the root vegetable quarter, definitely need peeling though since the skin is like elephant hide.
Pork Chops with Vanilla and Pink Peppercorns
2 pork steaks
2 tbsp of pink peppercorns
1 vanilla pod cut lengthways
Few sprigs of lemon thyme
200ml of boiling water
- Crush together the peppercorns sliced vanilla pod and thyme
- Rub over the pork chops
- Fry in a little oil until browned , 2 minutes eachside
- Add a splash cider vinegar and the water
- Simmer for a few more minutes it will reduce.
Served with mashed turnips
- Peel and finely chop the turnips
- Boil for 20 minutes until soft
- Mash with salt , pepper , butter and a dash of milk.