Desserts do not have to be complicated to taste stunning. This is a simple and lovely dessert which takes seconds to prepare and minutes to cook but the results is rich and homely.
Delicious with yogurt or ice cream Worth playing around the the spices too since I cinnamon or ginger would also work well
Spiced Baked Apricots
200g of dried apricots
1 tsp of cardamon pods
1 star anise
1 vanilla pod
2 tbsp of brown sugar
200ml of water
- Remove the cardamon sees from the pods, discard the pods . Split the vanilla pod lenghtways to ensure all the flavour can come out
- Place all the ingredients into a pan
- Bring to a low simmer for 5 minutes stirring ocassionally
- To serve remove the vanilla pod and star anise.
- Serve with plain yogurt or creme fraiche