These lovely Lamb steaks were suppose to be cooked in the camping stove in lovely rural Derbyshire , but it was insanely cold and with a predicted frost and rain we had to give up and dig the car out of the swampy campsite.
All this meant these lamb steaks marinated for 48hours which meant they were deliciously tender
Lamb , rosemary and anchovies just get on so well I often rub anchovies over a leg of lamb before roasting but here I kept them separate in a delicious warm salad of seasonal vegetables with new potatoes and purple sprouting broccoli
I could eat this as a simple salad perhaps with the addition of a little feta cheese or a poached egg.
Marinated Lamb Steaks with rosemary
2 Lamb Leg Steaks
Bunch of rosemary
2 cloves of garlic crushed
4 tbsp of red wine
Salt and pepper
- Mix together the rosemary, garlic , red wine and salt and pepper in a plastic bag
- Add the lamb steaks and leave for at least 24 hours
- Grill or fry until cooked, for medium rare 5 minutes either side
Warm salad of Purple Sprouting Broccoli and new Potatoes dressed with lemon, garlic and anchovies
30g of tinned anchovies – finely chopped
Zest and juice of halt a lemon
1 tbsp of olive oil
1 clove of garlic grated/crushed
Salt and Pepper
- Make the dressing by mixing together the anchovies, lemon juice and zest, olive oil and garlic .
- Season with salt and pepper
- Boil the new potatoes and steam the purple sprouting broccoli
- While hot toss the cooked potatoes and broccoli in the dressing and leave for a few minutes .