I recently got offered a hamper from Natoora . Hampers sometimes bring up thoughts of tinned spam and Quality Street, but this is another league offering delicious Continental and English seasonal food, meat cheese , wine and fresh vegetables boxes, with 24hr delivery anywhere in the UK, its like Borough Market online
I am a total UI ( User interface) freak , and this site is a real pleasure to use , details on each item include proper provenance, clear pictures and suitable accompaniments including wine . Everything arrived perfectly packed with freezer blocks, each item wrapped in greaseproof paper with neat labels. The hamper arrived just in time for a camping trip.
I chose a range of cheeses, meat and vegetables . Although we get some lovely English cheese round here it’s pretty hard to find anything continental other than Brie . I even printed out some notes about each cheese from the website. Each cheese was a decent size ,not just tasting amount and at a good level of ripeness
(clockwise from top left)
- Langres a french cows milk cheese was deliciously oozing with background of smoked bacon
- Morbier semi-soft French cows’ milk cheese named with a layer of ash in the middle and a nutty aftertaste.
- Banon a northern Provence goats milk cheese wrapped in chestnut leaves and tired with raffia and straw. This helps to preserves the cheese which has a fruity and woody flavour
For dinner on the campsite I cooked a pasta sauce using Nduja Calabra a soft spanish salami the flavour is at first quite sweet, then explodes with the full force of chilli pepper.
Nduja Calabra pasta sauce
2 large onions
50g of Nduja Calabra
500g of tinned tomatoes
2 sprig of fresh oregano
- Fry the onions in the Nduja Calabra til softened
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for a few minutes , add a few leaves of oregano
- Serve with freshly cooked pasta
Another great liver BBQ recipe this time using chicken livers and prosciutto. from the hamper I have borrowed this recipe from from the Two Fat Ladies. Sweet, salty deliciousness especially with a dash of balsamic vinegar.
Chicken Livers and Prunes wrapped in Prosciutto
6 chicken livers cut in half
12 slices of prosciutto
- Simply wrap a prune and half a raw chicken liver in a slice of prosciutto
- BBQ or grill for just a few minutes on each side
I suspect some of my foodie freinds will be receiving gifts from Natoora over the next few months and they are offering free delivery right now ,so it’s a good time to try some new foods.