A kebab on a Saturday night is traditional. But if I am having it at home I go all out , homemade lamb koftas , freshly made flatbreads , kebab salad and mint-yoghurt.
Makes 8 koftlas
500g of lamb mince
1 tsp of dried chilli flakes
1 cloves of garlic
½ small red onion
½ tsp of coriander seeds
1. Process together the mince with the other ingredients.
2. Shape around wooden skewers and refrigerate for at least an hour.
3. To cook grill for 8 minutes on a high grill setting turning half way through.
Makes 4 large flatbreads
400g of strong plain flour
300ml warm water
1/2 tsp of yeast
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp of olive oil
- Mix together the flour , yeast and salt
- Stir in the warm water and olive oil and form a dough
- Knead for 5 minutes place in a floured bowl, cover and leave in a warm place for one hour.
- Divide into 4 pieces and roll out
- Heat a frying pan on a high heat brush the pan with oil
- Cook the flatbread on one side until bubbles appear
- Turn over a cook for another two minutes.
Finely sliced white cabbage, red onion , grated carrot, finely chopped tomato, coriander , and preserved lemon.