This used to be one of our go to evening meals especially when we had a veg-box. This year the greens in the garden have gone a bit crazy purple sprouting broccoli and kale grown from seed. It is lovely sending the girls out to pick some, although I think they are more fond of trying to feed it to the guinea pigs.
You can use any green leaves, kale works really well, but even the cabbage patch caterpillar-eaten purple sprouting leaves worked brilliantly and finely chopped you can’t see the holes!
Pasta with Garden Greens, Garlic, Anchovies, and Chili
- 100g of dried spaghetti
- 5 large handfuls of greens ( kale, rocket, purple sprouting leaves, chard or spring greens) finely chopped – I use the food processor
- 1 tin of anchovies
- 1 tsp of chili flakes
- Zest and juice of half a lemon
- 1 clove of garlic finely chopped
- Cook the spaghetti according to directions
- Pour the tin of anchovies, oil and all into a hot frying pan
- Add the garlic, chili and then the greens
- Cook until the greens are well cooked
- Mix in the spaghetti and add the zest and juice of the lemon
- Serve immediately or leave as this is really lovely cold with maybe a little extra virgin olive oil poured over.