A finally got out for the first time in so long this week.
As I was planning my escape a final guilt trip from my 6 year old. I said it would be fun to have a babysitter.”But you left us with a babysitter before…remember Adam. babysat.
She is right he did nearly a year ago while I went to the PTA Xmas Fair planning committee. That’s how often I get out.
But this week I actually made it to a play and even a meal in a restaurant. I ate Thai, one of my all time favourite cuisines. I chose larb which is a dish I think it in line to be one of my last meals – minced spiced chicken – it’s heaven.
In fact it was so good I made it for the dinner the next night too
Enough for two greedy people
- 4 chicken thighs/breast – grilled
- 2 red chill peppers
- 2 spring onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 tbsp of uncooked white rice – toasted in a pan and ground
- juice of one lime
- 5 tbsp of fish sauce
- 5 tbsp of coriander leaf
- 1 tbsp of fresh mint
- half a small red onion
- 1/2 thumb of fresh ginger
Iceberg lettuce leaves to serve
- Place the rice in hot dry sauce pan on a low heat for 5 minutes , keep tossing the rice and remove before it begins to brown.
- Grin in a mortar and pestle until it had a very fine texyt
- Finely chop the chicken thighs
- Process together all the other ingredients
- Mix with the chicken and half the rice
- To serve sprinkle the remaining ground rice over the top of the chicken