Emily is obsessed with making lists and quizzes at the moment. What is your favourite colour? What’s your favourite shape? What is your favourite food?
She gets annoyed I can’t say one favourite food.
But Falafels would definitely be up there. This is a sunshine food and I hope we get some more sunshine soon!
- Spread hummus over a falafel, scatter over freshly grated carrot.
- Add the falafels , scatter with the pomegranate granita
- Drizzle over some plain yogurt
Enough for 4 people
I make these with a mix of bulgar wheat and chick peas
It makes them light and crumbly as I don’t like a chewy falafel
They are baked not fried
300g of tinned chick peas
100g of bulgar wheat soaked
1 clove of garlic
1 tsp of ground coriander
1 tsp of fresh or dried parsley
1 pinch of salt
- Mix together the ingredients form into small balls
- Brush with sunflower oil refrigerated for 30 minutes
- Place under a hot grill for 15 minutes
1 300g tin of chick peas
½ garlic clove
juice and zest of 1 lemon
1 tsp of tahini
6 tbsp of olive oil or rapeseed oil
Blend together all the ingredients in the food processor.
Pomegranate Olive and Parsley Salad
Seeds from 1 pomegranate
¼ preserved lemon finely chopped
1 handful black olives finely slice
1 handful of fresh parsley finely chopped
1 stick of celery finely chopped
½ red onion finely chopped
1 fresh tomato roughly chopped
Juice and zest of a lemon
Mix together all the ingredients