This Sunday my head was pounding following a foolish consumption of gin on a Saturday night, truly ruinous but so delicious. All I managed to make on Sunday morning was Marmite and Toast, but I lay in bed listening to the blood thump in my ears, I distracted myself thinking about what might be a good thing to make for someone similar afflicted and using ingredients in my fridge.
I settled on a classic tortilla with starchy potatoes , eggy protein and enough spicy chorizo to kick the fearsome hangover into touch.
I finally got around to making it Sunday evening delicious hot but something that can also be served sliced and cold for lunch or breakfast.
Potato, Chorizo and Kale Tortilla
300g of waxy potatoes
100g of cooking chorizo
1 large onion finely sliced
3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
3 tbsp of finely chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp of smoked paprika
6 handfuls of kale stems removed and roughly chopped
Salt and Pepper
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until soften
- Skin slice into 1/2cm slices, fry the chorizo, add the onions & garlic until soften.
- Finely slice the potatoes and lay in 30cm diameter cake tin with removable base. Layer with the kale and onion & chorizo mix.
- Beat the eggs, well with salt , pepper, fresh parsley & paprika
- Pour the egg mix over the potatoes.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven 190degC for 25 minutes it should stilll wobbly slighty , the tortilla will set if left for a few minutes.